|
Site Layout : S6, Despair&Hope by Daybeforemisery Resolution: 1024 x 768 Meh-Lis-Sah
I'm your friendly 15 yr old neighbourhood fat asshole with 3 Tagboard There isn't a tagboard :D. Affilates Anthea Atiqah Judith Syahirah Archives |
Saturday, 14 June 2008 - 01:04
0 opinions:Alright, so I'm back early, we were just so sick of Penang. Cameron Highlands and Malacca were fully booked for the weekend. KL was full of people protesting about the petrol prices. -.-. We wanted to go to Mersing, but lucky we didn't because when we were in JB, Uncle called and told us he was in Orchard Road Burger King. -.-. Anw, this trip was rather disappointing. I guess I expected too much and Penang just seems not that nice anymore. Still, I am gonna buy an apartment there by 25 years old, I made out a list to buy DSLR by 15 years old, buy a BMW/Volvo/Audi by 20 years old. Whatever. DAY 1 Left house at around 8.45am, there was a jam (of course) at the causeway. By 9.30am, we were across the causeway. The journey to Penang was quite smooth (despite the misty weather, it was raining too), stopped by some rest area for lunch (from Singapore). And some stops along the way to relieve ourselves. So about 9 hours later (plus jam + resting + toilet breaks), we finally reached Penang. The total toll fee was around RM100, not bad. ![]() There was a huge jam at Penang Bridge, since everyone was rushing back home from work. Dad went to bluff me that the four towers were missing because we drove so long and didn't see the tower. He said that they gave it back to the UMNO or whatever. In the end, I finally saw it. Srsly I thought they took it out. But it was still there and they were upgrading it. ![]() ![]() (Sorry for the dark pictures, it was already around 7pm at that time.) So anw, went to the Gurney Hotel, third time staying there but the room they gave us was so disappointing. It was directly above the swimming pool. ![]() So it was like super noisy and the room was not very clean. But it was still okay. The toilet is to my liking, but I was still scared, ahem. ![]() Pretty but it's fake. :/. So we rest(ed?) for a while and headed to Gurney Plaza. Dinner at the food court. Obviously, had Penang Laska + Char Kway Teow. ![]() The Laska was nice, of course. But the Char Kway Teow was superb. Lots of Singaporean will be like, "EW, Penang Laska sucks." Whatever, I don't like Singapore Laska because it's too coconut-ish and creamy. Oh like who cares? Did some shopping but didn't buy much. A t-shirt, a red flipflops and a tennis skirt (BECAUSE MY DAD SAY I DON'T HAVE SO I JUST TOOK IT BUT I AIN'T WEARING IT, DUH). Then went to Gurney Drive for supper, sort of. Rojak + Ice Kachang without Kachang + Chendol. ![]() ![]() The Chendol looks disgusting (so I didn't take a photo of it) but my Mum says it's nice. ![]() ![]() (The photos could have been better, D: Sorry I am too tired to edit so, yeah.) Headed back to the hotel after that. Dead tired but I couldn't sleep because my Brother was sleeping on my left, my Dad was sleeping on my right. Both were snoring INTO MY EARS, so how could I go to sleep? :/. DAY TWO Dad went to get us breakfast from the Muslim store round the corner of the hotel, near Starbucks. Typical of him not to get us Starbucks. D: Had Egg Prata, was fantastic, the best I have ever tasted in my entire (almost) 15 years so far. The Teh Tarik was also good. They didn't sell Naan until lunch time, D: Heh heh, yes, wherever (?) I go, I must have Naan. :]. Went to the wet market (of course) after breakfast to buy incense paper, fruits, flowers and stuff for later. Although the market smells, I still like it. All around, women are speaking in their lovely accent (which I love so much) and it's just so lively. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() (This is my favourite photo.) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() The man cutting up Jackfruits. See, in places like this, you can see so much stuff and learn so much. In Singapore, what can you learn from the Supermarket? And they still use this metering thing or whatever it is called. ![]() I am like so noob, super paiseh. Everyone was staring at me when I was taking that. I look like a bloody tourist, urgh. Okay, so finally went to ... ![]() (Told you I have Thai blood, -.-. But I don't understand a single shit.) To pay respects to my great-grandparents + 2 great-grandaunts + great-granduncle. Yes so many, and I found another new tomb too, and we totally didn't know it exist. He's one of my great-grandaunt's husband, but we don't really have to pay respects to him because he's not directly related to us. ![]() (My great-grandparents tomb isn't any of those seen in the photos, ty. And really, Idk if I am allowed to post this.) The guy there was super helpful and he told us stories about Penang and stuff. He's accent, gosh, I like. But he says lots of Chinese are borrowing money from loan sharks, wtf. D: And there was like chicken and roosters there too, Dad is scared of them kept shooing them away while my Brother and I kept asking them to come, damn hilarious. ![]() So like after two hours + burning of the incense paper and clothes, we went inside the temple. It's really pretty and the Sleeping Buddha is longggggggggg. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() But the highlight of the trip is this : ![]() I swear it's very very very true. You don't even have to ask anything, it will answer your question - whatever is in your mind that troubles you lately. So mine said this : Some people will help and support you in future. Whatever you are intending to get or to perform will be successful, but it may probably take a long time. You and your family will be in peace and happiness. Sickness will be far away from you. Your previous bad debts will be recovered. You will meet your relatives who have been our of sight long ago. Your luck in doing general business is not too bad. You will be brought to meet your real lover in a short time. And my Dad's also has this sentence : You will meet your relatives who have been our of sight long ago. So totally cool. My questions have been answered. :D. WHATEVER. So after that, went to a Chinese school to pay respects to my other great-grandparents. Their alter is there only but their tomb is in Kedah (too far for us to travel). Their alter is in the school because they like donate money to build the school, so their picture is there. ![]() ![]() Yes I know the school looks like super old, it is. That's the classroom. Sorry it can't be any clearer because the students are actually still having lessons. ![]() But the outside building still looks okay. I didn't do much praying, it's just my Mum, Brother and Dad, hehe. ![]() ![]() ![]() So after that, went to lunch at a coffee shop. Had Penang Laska again, it's nicer than yesterday's. Omg, the coffee shop is old and dirty but it's way cleaner than the rest I have seen. Their Teh Peng is BEST. Went back to the hotel and we had our room changed to the 32nd storey, god. But the view of the bay is nice. ![]() And I have one question : ![]() Will you guys buy a house there? Because it's a reclamation land that has been hit by the tsunami before. So anw, rest(ed?) for a while. Brother went to use the bathtub and I have pictures of him, but I won't post them, I guess. :D. M if you want to see ask me, I know you want. Went to Queensbay Mall. It's like Vivo City but bigger. We got lost and we have to go round and round just to get into the carpark, so stupid. Like omg, the F21 there is super super big, M, remember, next year. :D. Did some shopping but just bought one shorts because mine was coming apart. ;o. Late dinner at around 10pm, everyone was still up and food places are just starting to fill in. So dinner at Jalan Macalister. Cuttlefish with Kangkong + Char Kway Teow + Lor Bak. DELICIOUS. Then headed back to the hotel. Couldn't sleep again. Don't ask. DAY THREE. Egg Prata + Thosai Masala for breakfast again. :]. Checkout the hotel at around 1pm and headed to Paradise Sandy Beach Resort. Also, third time staying there and it's like re-renovated, so yeah, cool. The room looks nicer but I still don't like the toilet, scares me. I'm actually afraid of toilets. :/. But the view is great. ![]() (See these four buildings? One apartment there is around RM 1 million ++.) Went out to the Botanical Gardens, but apparently, Dad thought we can drive in (like last time when he was young which was years ago), but now we can't. So we went to Island Plaza instead. Did shopping but bought nothing because really, there was nothing. Bought Starbucks, I paid like RM30 for Dark Mocha Frappuccino + Caramel Frappuccino. Both Venti sized. WASTE MY MONEY BECAUSE DAD WAS LIKE PUTTING HIS HANDS INTO HIS POCKETS AND I ALREADY HAD MY MONEY IN MY HANDS AND HE WENT, "Oh, you are paying? Okay, good." (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ![]() Headed back to the hotel and changed, went to the beach, yay. I always like the beach there but this time, I hate it so much because there was a group of KIASU (of course) Singaporeans spoiling it. Super noisy and they were playing Parasailing. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() (Ya ya, I know my shirt is so dumb, I didn't bring any other shirts already and that night I had to sleep with my jeans on because I didn't know I didn't bring extra shorts.) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() (I was super scared the sand will go into my you-know-what.) ![]() (But it really did, and my butt too. It's kinda painful, ahem.) ![]() (I look like a stupid retard.) So at around 7pm, went to wash up. Then sat by the baby pool (since we were wearing t-shirts + shorts). ![]() (Looking like shit of the century, as always.) Ahem, my leg didn't go in because I really don't dare. I have a fear for water and swimming pools. ![]() So finally my leg went in and my Brother pulled me in. Super embarrassing because I screamed and ran out. And there was alot of people behind like wtf. I know I know, it's just baby pool but really, FEAR IS FEAR. But would you believe it if I told you I have a certificate because I went for swimming lessons last time and did well? I really did. Somehow, I started to fear water. Went to clean up, there was something wrong with the tap, an Indian man have to come fix it. Bathed (I was super scared again because the tap was at the top), and went to Gurney Plaza. Mum bought a carpet. Went to Gurney Drive for dinner. Wan Ton Mee + Ice Kachang without Kachang + Chee Cheong Fun + Penang Laska + Fried Food (which is very very extremely nice) from McTucky's. You may think, these food Singapore also have what. But really, the things and sauces are very different. And it sort of originated from here. Went back to the hotel. DAY FOUR. Stupid best friend came to visit me, lucky I went to the beach yesterday. :D. Buffet breakfast at the hotel's Delifrance Bistro. It was okay, last few year's were better though. And omg, the Arabs eat like they haven't eaten for like one month or something. They took so much food, then suddenly, they took cups of coffee + orange juice + ice water, all at once, and finished it all at once too. Like man, I think I will have serious diarrhea (?) if I do that. And the floor was super super dirty. ![]() ![]() Then went up to pack up and checked out. So it was goodbye. ![]() The way back was okay, just that the weather was hot. Stopped by somewhere for drinks, typical of Dad went to shit. My mum thought he slept in the toilet because he took a super super super long time. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Got my Iced Green Tea Latte from Dunkin' Donuts. ![]() Is there like Dunkin' Donuts in Singapore? Because that drinks is good. :]. Gonna try Starbucks Green Tea Frappucino sometime soon, I guess. Anw, finally reached JB at around 8pm, damn late because we left late. ![]() The sunset was beautiful though, I want an Audi. Had late dinner at a Chinese restaurant in JB. I remember I always go there when I was young. The last time I went there was when I was 5 years old? Damn long. Had Prawns + Vegetables + Claypot Toufu + Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs. Last time that place used to be halal though, now it isn't. D: The stupid Pork Ribs was damn hard for me, so was the Prawns. And believe me, we were the ONLY customers in the restaurant so all the waitress were watching us eat. Very uncomfortable, feels like ... Idk how to say. Then once you drink one sip of your tea, they will take the teapot and fill it up for you, even though there's still like three quarters left. The bill was like RM120, no wonder hardly anyone goes there. But the food is nice and it's quite reasonable for Singaporeans. You guys must go and try the food there. But I don't know the address. -.-. (Naan still rocks okay.) Not much cars at the causeway, it was quite smooth. Reached home at around 11pm and 24 hours later, I'm finally done posting this. Sorry this post sounds annoying, irritating and whatever crap. I'm in a bad mood now (and really not in the mood to post. And I'm not posting alot of photos) because of the stupid weather. VERY VERY VERY WARM. And having your best friend visit you in such weather isn't the best thing in the world. God. Well, there's still another 365 days until Penang again next year. I really don't know whether to be happy or should I complain? Read more! |